Saturday

Homemade Pizza

Pizza is one of my favorite meals ... And I can't imagine many wouldn't agree! And what better way to enjoy pizza, than making it at home and putting exactly what you want on it!

I have tried many variations of a homemade pizza, but my favorite is junk pizza with no meat. Although I wouldn't turn down a slice if there was meat on it, because I love pizza that much!

I recognize that homemade pizza is pretty self explanatory, and the need for a "recipe" is moot. But it's still fun to share inspiration and a mutual love for food ... after all, that's why we're here, right!?


Homemade Pizza



I have tried a multitude of crusts and I have so far found my two favorites. Most of the time I like a doughy pizza crust, so I go with Boboli Original Pizza Crust ...




But this time I decided to go with a Thin Fire Roasted Flavor Crust made by Archer Farms, which is found at Target. (You will slowly figure out that I do a majority of my grocery shopping at Target).



I originally bought this crust when I was making pizza for a girls night and needed a few pizzas ... Because this puppy comes with TWO crusts! So if you're entertaining, you can make two different types of pizzas or set the other aside for another pizza night for yourself.

I go pretty classic with my pizza sauce and have found that Ragu's Original Pizza Sauce is where it's at. And when I said that I like junk pizza, I meant it ... I love veggies, I love spicy and I love sweet. So I used the following ...




Fresh Spinach, Red Peppers, Roma Tomato, Mushrooms, Onion, Jalapeno, Pineapple and Fresh Mozzarella.

I dice all my veggies (and fruit) up and place in layers, evenly, on top of the sauce I've spread on my crust. Then I slice approximately 1/4 inch slices of the fresh mozzarella and place it evenly over all the veggies. *Have no fear, upon melting, it will spread more.




Upon baking, I follow the crust packaging instructions, as to not burn the crust. For this crust, it calls for 400 degrees for approximately 12-15 minutes. When all the cheese is melted, I will usually turn off the oven and then turn on the broiler and brown the cheese for a minute or two. I like a soft melted cheese with that golden brown look.



Enjoy your pizza!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment