Tuesday

Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Scramble

Breakfast has got to be, hands down, my favorite meal of the day! Not just because it's the first meal of the day, but the foods that fall in to the average breakfast pyramid ... YES!!!

First of all, I LOVE eggs. I love eggs by themselves, on a sandwich, with just toast on the side or even hard boiled as a snack during the day. Then you have french toast, pancakes, hash browns, fruit, sausage ... and lets not forget BACON! Besides you non-meat eaters, who doesn't love bacon!!?

When I am trying to eat healthier, I like to make my breakfast big (portion speaking), low calorie and high in protein. This is so I have that full feeling well in to the latter part of my day. I work 11:30-9:30 p.m., so my morning routine usually consists of the gym or a jog around 8 a.m. and then I come home, make a fruit/protein shake and shower. Then I prepare my breakfast and lunch/dinner for the day. So I usually am not actually eating my "breakfast" until about 11:30 when I sit down at my console. So that meal has to get me through until 5:00/6:00 p.m. at best.

Two other things I love just as much as eggs, if not more is Turkey Sausage and Avocado. They're both healthy fats and high in protein foods that I never feel guilty eating. So with that being said, what I'm going to share with you this morning is ...


Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Scramble



This is super easy and quick to make! I cooked the Turkey Breakfast Sausage on my "Sunday" and stored it in some tupperware in the refrigerator. Turkey sausage is super easy to make and it's much like beef, in that your just brown it until the pink disappears. There's instructions on the packaging as well. 

             


Then the morning of I sauté my veggies. This time around I chose to use red pepper, onion and mushrooms. And after those have softened a little and the mushrooms are giving off moisture you can add your eggs. I use egg substitute or egg whites because it's easy to just pour it from the carton and there's less calories and fat! 


     


After the eggs have cooked I just throw the egg and vegetable mixture in to a pyrex dish, add about 1/3 cup of Turkey Breakfast Sausage and a 1/2 an Avocado and throw it in my lunch box! You can alter this recipe in many different ways by adding a different kind of vegetable or even throwing some cheese on it. I personally like to add some hot sauce to mine! It's a really versatile dish that can be fine tuned to your liking. 


Here's the breakdown of ingredients and cooking instructions ... 


Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Scramble

Prep Time: <5 Min  Cook Time: 5 Min  Servings: 1


Ingredients

1/3 Cup             Jennie-O Turkey Breakfast Sausage (cooked)
3/4 Cup             Egg Substitue (equals about 3 normal eggs)
1/2                     Avocado
1/8 Cup             Onion (Your choice on color - really any kind is good!)
1/8 Cup             Red Pepper
1/8 Cup             Mushrooms (sliced)


Instructions

First you want to brown your Turkey Breakfast Sausage until you see no more pink, or follow the packaging instructions and check the internal temperature with a thermometer. 

Then sauté your vegetables on Low-Medium heat in a small non-stick 10" skillet for about 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add your eggs at that time and continue to cook on Low-Medium heat for another 5 minutes or until your eggs no longer look wet. Add this mixture to whatever dish you plan to eat it from. 

Add your meat and avocado, and enjoy! 



Nutrition Information --->  Total Calories: 443  Fat: 28g  Protein: 33g

_____________________________________________________________________________


I hope you enjoy this quick breakfast as much as I do! I would love to hear from you and what you did differently or how it turned out using my method! Please comment below or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!!

Until next time, 


Crista




No comments:

Post a Comment